I was once a photographer and at a later stage a videograher

PHOTOGRAPHER/BACKGROUND After i finish school,i couldn't find jobs.Due to the fact that i should started wit job hunting,it was not easy to attend to my livistock which was at the village,i decided to sell all my goats.i did so sell all the goats a had, to a a teacher.who taught at a village school just inches from our village,because it was goats i inhereted from my foster mother,i thought of buying with some of the money,something that will last,i came up with an idea of buying a photographer camera,i went to town and bought a camera and film. STARTING OF PHOTOGAPHER BUSINESS The photo camera costed me NAD 185.00 and the film tape NAD 20.00,so to say this was my working or starting capital. PRICE OF PHOTOS I starred my photographer business,with NAD 7.00,per pic(full price), a deposito of NAD 3.50,per pic and the other NAD 3.50 on delivery of the picture,after a year i hiked the price to NAD 10.00 and the deposito to NAD 5.00 SHOOTING SESSIONS I started my photo shooting session,here locally(Okahandja,Otjozondjupa region,Namibia)i always carried my photo camera along,everywhre i went,to hunt for customers,i mostly got my customers in the town centre and at theair jobs,i sometimes did some photo shots at parks in town. GROWTH AS A PHOTOGRAPHER The bussiness grew,i thought of diversifying it,with video shooting session,i talked to my brother,to take a video camera for me on his account at Hi-Fi Corporation,by that time that store was having,a discount/sales promotions on cameras,he agreed,the the deposito fee was,NAD 200.00,I gave him the deposito fee,the deal.transpired,i got the video camera. VIDEOGRAPHER I kicked of with the video sessions,and i started with a wedding ceremony,i priced for the video shootings NAD 600.00,a deposito of NAD 300.00 AND the rest when handing over the video. BUSINESS AS USUAL I penetrated the markets,invites started to pour in,from Windhoek,Otjinene,Otjimbingwe,surrounding farms of Okahandja.i also did business with our church,for church conferences and sports events ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY TOOK BREAD FROM MY MOUTH When technology came in the form of mobile phones,so was i robbed of my bread,nowadays people make use of the mobile phones and laptops to do do vidoe and photo shootings. What did you bought? with the money,when you sell your valuable stuff

Comments

Popular Posts